Strategic planning consultations
You can view all available strategic planning consultations. To make a comment on a current consultation you must sign in to your account.
Open Spaces Strategy
- Chapter 1: Introduction to the Open Spaces Strategy
- Chapter 2: What is the Open Spaces Strategy?
- Chapter 3: What the Open Spaces Strategy will do.
- Chapter 4: Policy Context
- Chapter 5: Strategy Vision
- Chapter 6: The Benefits of Open Space
- Chapter 7: Harborough District: Spatial Portrait and Open Space
- Chapter 8: Current provision of Open Space in Harborough District
- Chapter 9: Current Management Arrangements and Partnerships
- Chapter 10: Harborough District Councils Open Spaces
- Chapter 11 Future Management Proposals for Open Space in Harborough District
- Chapter 12: The value of Open Space to Business and the Local Community
- Chapter 13: Minimum Provision, Accessibility and Quality Thresholds
- Chapter 14: Aims of the Open Spaces Strategy
- Chapter 15: Aim 1.The provision and maintenance of appropriate and good quality open space that is open to all and protected for future generations
- Chapter 16: Aim 2. The natural environment, conservation and habitat is enhanced and protected
- Chapter 17: Aim 3. To ensure open spaces are safe and litter free, and contribute towards a safe environment
- Chapter 18: Aim 4. Voluntary groups are supported to use and manage open spaces
- Chapter 19: Aim 5: Deliver value for money services when managing open space
- Chapter 20: Aim 6. Open Space supports business and income is maximised
- Chapter 21: Aim 7. Ensure that open spaces support health and wellbeing of local people
- Chapter 22: Open Space Strategy Action Plan
- Chapter 23: Consultation
- Chapter 24: Strategy Review
- Chapter 25: List of Appendices
- Chapter 26 Introduction to Provision for Open Space Sport and Recreation
- Chapter 27 Scope of the open space and sport and recreation consultation
- Chapter 28 Open Space Calculations
- Chapter 29 When will the policy be applied?
- Chapter 30 What types of open space, sport and recreation facilities will require developer contributions?
- Chapter 31 How will the policy operate?
- Chapter 32 Where are the open spaces to be provided?
- Chapter 33 Appendix S: Developer contributions for new provision/enhancement of open space
- Chapter 34 Appendix T: Developer Contributions towards the Future Maintenance Costs of Outdoor Play Space, Amenity Areas and other Open Spaces
10.1. Harborough District Council maintains some 300 ha of open space throughout the District. This portfolio is managed by HDC Asset Management Team, and maintained by HDC Contracted Services.
10.2. The Open Space sites within Harborough District Council ownership are managed through the Integrated Contract (2009) by an external contractor (FCC). The Integrated Contract is due for renewal in 2016, and the contract is currently being reviewed with consideration being made concerning the best method of delivering the Grounds Maintenance service.
10.3. Alternative options and groups that offer management or maintenance of open space are volunteering, Harborough in Bloom, Friends of Welland park, River Cleans, Environment Group, Sustainable Harborough amongst others.
10.4. A full list of Businesses or Community Groups that have an interest in, generate employment or income from, or attract income to open spaces can be found at Appendix R.